Hello everyone! I am honored to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award! This is a recognition for travel bloggers from other like-writing travelers to show appreciation for their dedication to their site and to the art of traveling. I received my nomination from Undertaking Travels. I met Cole on the new and information- packed forums that Nomadic Matt has recently started (another great blogger, where I got my inspiration!) . He has a knack for travel writing and I can’t wait to see where he goes!
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are my answers from Cole!
1. If you could be any specific place other than where you are now, where would that be? I would be in Granada, Spain. I lived there in 2011 and fell in love with that city. I miss it every day.
2. What is number one on your bucket list? Though my “number one” destination varies day by day, I would have to say one of the top places I want to see is Machu Picchu in Peru. I want to hike the Inca trail and see the ruins. Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams is a great read if you’re interested in going there.
3. In one word explain what travel means to you. Education.
4. What is the best thing that has happened to you through traveling? I have become more outgoing. I am still an introverted person, I enjoy reading and “alone time” but through travel I have been able to step out of my comfort zone confidently and have great experiences.
5. Worst thing? I have a depleted bank account. I am in nursing school now and have a degree (with a mountain of debt) in health administration but I’d rather spend my money on travel.
6. What is your favorite aspect of blogging? I like reliving my travel experiences and giving advice to others based on my background.
7. Do you know any foreign languages? If not, which one would you love to learn? Hablo español un poquito. I studied Spanish throughout my undergrad and had the wonderful experience to study abroad in Granada Spain for a summer. I am by no means fluent, but I am still learning! I would also love to learn French. I have always admired the French language — I think it is beautiful.
8. If you could drive any car/motorcycle/bike across the US for an extended road trip what would you choose? I would love to do a bicycle trip across the United States. I think it would be an adventure that is both economical and better for the environment. I’d love to go from coast to coast. I just need to get in shape first!
9. What is one piece of advice you wish you would have known before you set out for your first adventure? DON’T BRING AS MUCH AS YOU THINK YOU NEED. I ended up not using half of what I brought and buying more. I had to pay the overweight baggage fee on my way back. Always anticipate that you’ll buy things once you get there. Thinking about bringing a lot of clothes/shoes? Don’t. It is SO much better buying them once you get to your destination. Not only will you look less like a tourist, when you get back home, you have a better wardrobe!
10. Where are you going next? This is a tough question. I am currently starting nursing school in the fall (then finishing up in two years). So nothing is for sure on the books yet but I am looking into working in either the United Kingdom or Ireland once I become a certified nurse.
Now here are MY nominations!
A Wayfaring Canuck
I Sign. I Wander.
These wonderful people I also have had the pleasure of talking with on the Nomadic Matt Forums. They are experienced travelers and have a LOT of information about where they’ve been.
Here are my questions for them!
1. What was the best place you have been to recently?
2. Of all time?
3. If you could travel with anyone in the world, who would it be?
4. What is your preferred accommodation setting? (hostels, hotels, camping, etc)
5. What was the craziest thing you have done while traveling?
6. What is one thing you cannot travel without?
7. Where do you want to travel next?
8. What would you recommend to new travelers?
9. What inspires you to travel?
10. How would you define travel to someone who has never experienced it?
Thank you so much again for this nomination. I am truly honored to receive this when I am just building up my site.